Subject: [Leica] Memories
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy )
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 22:00:49 -0500

Jon Streeter: Your mention of Austin's Barton Springs plunged me into
reminiscing about my student days at UT Austin. Thanks for the memories! I
photographed my date posing on St. Augustine Carpet Grass, under Live Oak
trees, bordering this magnificent spring with 68oF water year round! Back
then,  I used the
<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rj
a&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kenrockwell.com%2Fmamiya%2F1000-dtl.htm
&ei=KGW9UNL5C4rk0QGn7IHwCQ&usg=AFQjCNFHGbigeVdWXTVryZCPuediIvWbRw&sig2=jkvso
eKlWxmk4EPWUOGudQ> Mamiya/Sekor 1000 DTL camera loaded with Kodachrome! Dr.
Leon Pomeroy, Northern Virginia, USA

"Looks like it would take some courage to go swimming there.  I lived
briefly away from southern California twice in the last roughly 50 years, in
Texas when I was in the Army.  There's a fabulous place to go swimming in
Austin called Barton Springs, a warm, slow-flowing section of a spring with
grassy banks instead of sand.  The other place was Honolulu.  Hawaii, to me,
was like paradise.  The ocean was warm enough to swim in at night."  Jon
Streeter