Subject: [Leica] Cameras Real Pros Use
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 10:22:30 -0600

> > From: Bill Pearce <billcpearce at cox.net> and always sold in
> >
> stores that resembled jewelry stores.

Alfredo's in New Orleans certainly never looked like a jewelry store; it
was a REAL camera store with drawers crammed with filters, shelves with
lenses, and a table of half-priced junk.

You want two Leica projectors and a dissolve unit?  He had them. I know, I
bought them there.

Alfredo Olivari, the owner,  was a former Argentinian diplomat, prize
fighter and automobile racer.

He had a case in the center of his shop with his collection of Barnarck
types in it, but every thing else was displayed in the normal manner.

 He was most proud of Leica lenses, and always had a few nice 16 x 20
blow-ups he'd shot hanging in the shop.

A friend of mine, Leonard Nicholson, claimed that Alfredo did a minor CLA
on his M4 while while they talked in the shop one afternoon.

I think he could have done it.  I know he could tune a Maserati, I saw him
do it once.

--
Regards,

Sonny