Subject: [Leica] Leica 35 - 70 Vario Elmar and Nikkor 24 - 70 2.8 G comparo
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 17:22:58 -0800

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 10:23:53 -0800
From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8 at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 35 - 70 R Vario Elmar and Nikkor 24 - 70
        2.8G    comparo
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>

Hi Aram,

Thanks Howard.  What focal length was used?

*70mm - sorry should have stated that.

On casual observation, they both look very similar.  Up close (1:1) there is
a real difference when looking at the bark on the two trees in the
foreground.  80 is considerably sharper than 81.  Same on the trees on the
sides of the frame.  This does not show up on the treeline in the distance.
Since you used liveview for focus, presumably on the same point, I can rule
out focus difference.

so, when are you going to tell us which shot was with which lens?

* After a few more viewers I will reveal.

Do I finally scrap my 35-70/4 and get the Nikon beast?

* Hmmm - perhaps only if you want AF.

Aram

*Howard

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Leica 35 - 70 Vario Elmar and Nikkor 24 - 70 2.8 G comparo)