Subject: [Leica] Cameras Real Pros Use
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 18:09:27 -0500

It was a viable choice using an M. That's why we're here. There is such a
thing as Leica photography done by top people it was not just for stupid
rich people. Up in to the 90's lots of the top photographers many of them in
Magnum did exactly that. They bought a Leica body and Leica glass instead of
using SLR's and big fat 2.8 zooms. I did in the 90's. I'm not saying I'm a
"top" photographer just a photographer.
I shot on my seamless white backdrop with a 90 APO ASPH and the difference
was evident over my previous work with an 80-200 or 105 or 80. Or 200.
At first I got my m6 for my street fine art work but then I immediacy lost
all interest in my Nikons expect for macro work.
I was not alone any time you saw a bunch of photographers there was usually
always one shooting with an M. maybe two.

It was a viable choice.

By the way I never bought nor do I ever expect to by a 2.8 zoom.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography