Subject: [Leica] Stored Leicas "A CRIME!" :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:48:07 -0800

David Ching OFFERED:
Subject: [Leica] Stored Leicas

Hello David, new lad on the block I believe? A very warm welcome, glad to
have you aboard! :-)

You said:
> Shall share my Leica philosophy for those interested. (Otherwise please
> stop reading):<<<<<

But there is another option? ;-) Leave the philosophy until it's discussed
sitting about in a group sharing a beer or better still? ......... A
wonderful single malt Scotch! :-)

Aaahhhh YES! There's philosophy! And there's true life out in the cold cruel
world "EXPERIENCE!"

Where the philosophy is meaningless and the experience of using is a
completely different story! :-)
"And never the twain shall meet!" That's why you require a beer or Single
Malt to temper the philosophical discussion! See how easy it is when carried
out under the "proper conditions?" :-)

> 1. Acquire Leica glass as a anti-inflation measure. Use them in safe
> places only. Why?
> - Had a pristine Super Angulon M 21mm nicked from my pocket in a crowded
> bus outside Gare du Nord, Paris last March. Bought it a year before.
> Checked on the Internet and found that its price rose about 15% since
> then.<<<<<<

But then if you had the camera & lens on your shoulder or around your neck
it wouldn't have happened. In your pocket??????  Heaven's good fellow, what
a dastardly deed! In a pocket? Shameful!! :-(

ERGO? Your error! So what does that have to do with the price of a
replacement? Prices always go up in case you hadn't noticed. So what you are
saying is? "You are a collector, not a "USER taking lots of photos?" Or?

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)