Subject: [Leica] Fuji X 100 versus Leica M9
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:46:19 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Robert Meier wrote:

Linguists have found that different language groups divide the visible
spectrum up in different ways and have names for different colors within the
continuum of the spectrum, so that, for example,  some cultures  have only
two words for the range from yellow through green to blue, omitting our word
green.   When asked what they call what we see as green, they answer either
yellow or blue, depending on where the shade of green falls.   They don't
"see" green, only yellow and blue.   So does green exist for them?   No, it
doesn't:  what they see is either yellow or blue.
<<<

The portion of the electromagnetic spectrum we know as 'green' exists
whether we have a word for it or not.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com