Subject: [Leica] IMG: Out and about with the OM-D
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:33:48 -0800

Thanks, Ric.  I had the day off today, so I can post to the list on a
real computer.  The camera takes some use before its logic becomes
apparent--so many interdependent modes, screen displays and such. Last
night I finally had an "aha" moment about some of the stuff that
initially didn't make sense.  I've now got the buttons programmed how I
want them, making only the changes that make sense to me, and using the
camera's defaults otherwise.  The dpreview "how to" article and Ctein's
post last week in The Online Photographer were critical.

Some of my doggie beach shots would have been a bit sharper if I'd known
then what I figured out yesterday, but that's how you learn. This
camera, more than any other I've had, is initially as much computer
programming as photography.  Once you've got it set up so it works how
you'd expect, then the programming recedes into the background and you
can concentrate on photography again.

--Peter