Subject: [Leica] Paradigm Shift and the Sensor
From: davidhhching1 at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 23:50:11 +0700

Mark believes that with the advent of the Sony RX1, there's a paradigm shift.

I suspect the sensor manufacturers are just laying out their goods as when
they see fit. Think Intel.

Also sensors must be compared against others of the same manufacturing date,
not whether they are cropped or full frame. For the 2007/8 D700 sensor
shouldn't be compared against the 2012 Fuji X sensor. The Fuji readily beats
the Nikon even in low light. That's why I sold my D700 which was only 6
months old with under 4000 activations.

The D800 is a game changer for many (paradigm shift?). Just check eBay
today. Many pros are selling off their older MF digitals. And a pro photog
couple admitting on YouTube that they use their Hassy in order to
differentiate themselves from their clients who own pro Nikon and Canon gear.

Your shots should be sold to your national tourism board...

David Ching