Subject: [Leica] RX 1
From: davidhhching1 at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:35:46 +0700

Dear Mark,

Always loved to read your postings cause you are highly opinionated.

Rather than merely comparing cameras on the basis on whether they are full
frame or not, couldn't one just look at the end results of the the shots
taken? Different films produce varying results, so not all full frame
sensors or any sensor of any size can be presumed to be of a certain
standard based merely on their inherent size?

The Fuji X series sensors are different from other makers, just like the
Fuji S Pro 5 is different from the Nikon D200 although the Sony supplies the
same basic sensor that Fuji redesigned.

Should we pressume that the Sony RX1  guarantees better results than a
cropped sensor camera all the time?

The D600 while not pocketable has lens interchangeability. Very excited
about the RX1 myself but if the current menu set-up of Sony cameras are to
be gauged by, I'd skip it. Tried the RX100 and hated the layout. As a ardent
Leica user yourself, I'd be surprised if you are smitten by the RX1 once you
use it. Anyway sell one my way if you tire of it, say 1 month after your
purchase?

Enjoy!

David Ching

H.P. Tel. no.: +84 904684321 (Vietnam)