Subject: [Leica] Nathan Rain Picture
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy )
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 23:58:25 -0500

Nathan:

I agree. I like your "rain photo" dated Wed., Nov 7th 2012.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/misc/20121030-L1008298.jpg.htm

Dr. Leon Pomeroy, Northern Virginia, USA

"I took this picture in Barcelona last week. The story behind the picture is
that our office was hosting the trademark offices from the US, Japan, China
and Korea for an annual meeting of the so-called TM5 group. The first day of
meetings, Tuesday, was followed by a walking tour of Barcelona?s old city
and then dinner. As we were walking out of our hotel, it was slightly
drizzly, so most people took umbrellas with them. Within 10 minutes the
drizzle turned into a very serious downpour and any thoughts of looking at
the old city were replaced by thought of shelter, any kind of shelter. In
the end we made our way to La Boquer?a, a covered food market, from where we
took taxis to the restaurant. Along the way, I photographed a small group of
our visitors being led across Pla?a de Catalunya by Lynn, one of our
employees:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/misc/20121030-L1008298.jpg.htm

Lynn absolutely loves this picture, and so do others to whom she has shown
it.  I am going to have it printed for her. Do I wish it were sharper? Of
course! But I do not believe it is particularly "damaged" by not being
sharp. It sort of adds to the ambience, I think--and so do lots of others,
apparently. The lesson? Maybe none, but I think it is something along the
lines of "just take the damn picture"! the fact that the background seems
sharper than the people adds to the feeling that they are being washed
away... Cheers, Nathan Wajsman Alicante, Spain"

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Nathan Rain Picture)