Subject: [Leica] M8 sensor shows double exposure
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:10:04 +0100

I have just noticed that some of my pictures are divided into two equal
areas with differing exposures (very subtle, hard to notice when the picture
is small), the dividing line crossing its surface right in the middle. This
seems to happen when the background is grey, nothing shows up when the
colours are bright. Some of the other pictures of the series are "safe".
Strange. Has this something to do 1. with cold weather? (curtains being
somewhat jammed)2. with curtains not synchronized?3. with the sensor itself?
Thanks for any clues which might help me solve the problem. I had the body
sent to Solms last year, I hasn't been dropped since then ...Jean-Michel If
you look closely at this picture you will notice this partition line right
in the middle and then the subtle exposure difference, upwards or
downwards.http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Jean-Michel/ST+ODILE/L1067784.jpg.html

Replies: Reply from mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist) ([Leica] M8 sensor shows double exposure m8-72ode)
Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest) ([Leica] M8 sensor shows double exposure)