Subject: [Leica] IMG: Red-tailed Hawk
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:13:27 -0800

Doug Herr WROTE & SHOWED:

>Yesterday while photographing Snow Geese an immature Red-tailed Hawk landed
>on a sign post no more than 25' from the car.  Trying not to think about
>whether I had packed any spare underwear I made a few grab shots then while
>changing to something shorter than 560mm a doofus pulled his car up and
>flushed the hawk.  He then pulled alongside my car and told me how he'd
>gotten a great action shot of the hawk (as it was fleeing), then then next
>words out of his mouth were "what are you shooting with?"
>>
>> This was one of the very few times I wished I had been shooting with
>> something non-photographic, but for some reason I restrained myself and
>> responded "a camera".  I forgot to add "dammit".  Him: "A 1D4?"
>>
>> My question: why do the biggest jerks have big white lenses?
>>
>> Oh yeah, my photo:
>>
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/rthawk13.html<<<<<<<

Hi Doug,
They are the mindless aliens that walk amoungst us! However, even though he
was such a Twithead.......... you illustrated the class up bringing of a
fine gentleman and our own famous wildlife photographer! Even under the
stupidity of this mindless moron you kept your cool and still came away with
a "quality bird image everyone of us wish we had taken it!"  However! We may
not have kept our cool and verbally trashed the moron verbally. Then given
him a couple of well placed whacks with his big "WHITE LENS!"  :-)

Good on you lad!

cheers,
Dr. ted

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Red-tailed Hawk)