Subject: [Leica] Adobe support for R lenses
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 08:57:18 +1000

It doesn't have to . While a lens can be correctly identified from EXIF,
you can choose to select nearly any camera make and nearly any lens profile
for any brand of lenses to any image whether or not it makes sense.
Any profile can be corrected or uncorrected if you like for distortion and
vignetting and that saved as a custom setting. Keeping in mind that those
characteristics can change from aperture used or zoom settings where
applicable of course. You could have ten profiles for the same lens if you
wanted!
In the case of Leica M lenses the cameras cannot accurately determine
aperture used of course hence the firmware corrections assume a best case,
not worst case to avoid over-correction. Reportedly the new M typ 240
sensor will be different in regard to these firmware corrections. I'll let
you know when mine arrives. ;-)

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman