Subject: [Leica] Kate Kirkwood and Leica Liker
From: gerry.walden at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 08:56:01 +0000

At the time I moved to digital from my three M-series + 2 R-series film
cameras there was no Leica equivalent digital camera available. I therefore
posted a message here to say that I was leaving the LUG, and giving the
reasons. I was told at that stage (some 10 years ago) that I was very
welcome to stay and I have done so ever since and have been very happy
amongst people I now regard as good friends who I have relied on for support
in times of personal crisis.

This list is more about a state of mind than a camera, it is about the
traditional ethos behind photographers who by choice have shot with Leica, a
certain style, a certain way of looking at the world and they way they
perceive it to be. If you are just here to talk Leica then you are going to
miss an awful lot of what this list is about I am afraid. A fellow (Leica)
shooter who is not on this list described internet groups as people who are
caught in mutual masturbation about equipment rather than photography -
thankfully this does not apply here.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 or