Subject: [Leica] OT: Tracfone and GPS
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 15:59:04 -0700

There are relatively inexpensive GPS units from Garmin, Tom Tom, and
Magellan that are intended for automotive use and give audible turn by turn
instructions. A few years ago, I bought a Garmin Street Pilot for my wife,
choosing it over the (current) Nuvi (SP?) model because it was seriously
larger, giving it larger speakers and therefore better sound quality. The
theory of the smaller Nuvi was that it would serve both as an automotive
model and a hand-held one while walking. I don't believe the Street Pilot is
currently available.

kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204