Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nona Again
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 07:23:25 -0700

Tina Manley SHOWED:

>You knew this was coming:
>http://www.pbase.com/image/146485953
>Nona in color.  In this case, I think I prefer the color.  Maybe.

Good morning Tina,
Two reactions: But then you already know this routine! :-)

1/
If you were shooting only B&W images and sort of implying long ago times?
The B&W is the only way to go because it kind of adds an historical aspect
to the image. Or if you were doing a documentary I'd still go B&W. Partly
because of my "olden days" of shooting documentaries all in B&W! It was the
times!

2/
However, if you were shooting a story for a modern day magazine about
cooking? I'd definitely use the colour! If no other reason that's the look
of modern day mags and TV commercials.

I would bet if you shot for a magazine and came back all in B&W? They'd send
you back to shoot it again in  colour! And if they're paying you? Don't
argue, just go back and do it again! Remember in situations like this it
doesn't matter whether it's logical, looks  neat in B&W or common sense? The
art director and photo editors are the boss and it's their call! Their
magazine! If yer just shooting for fun and the LUG??????? Well any old which
way you feel good about and get the best effect your tummy is telling you!

And if anyone wants to argue this point regardless if you think it's right
or wrong or how much you like B&W images and the quality ? Then you've never
been up against photo editors or art directors who run a tight ship and if
you get bitchy about it????????

THEY FORGET YOUR NAME THE NEXT TIME THEY HAVE AN ASSIGNMENT TO BE SHOT!!!!!
:-( :-(
So endth the lesson for today! :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted  :-)