Subject: [Leica] Abandoned church next to the schoolhouse in Wells County
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 22:35:31 -0700

Chris Crawford SHOWED:

> http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?prodId=1527&category=4
>
> This church sits next to the abandoned schoolhouse that I posted a photo
> of
> a week or so ago (the one Dr. Ted asked why I cropped the arch over the
> door).<<<<<<

BUT NOW I HAVE TO ASK THE SAME QUESTION??????

What was gained in cropping the top off the church!?

You could have made this into a far more interesting and far better balanced
... "NOT CHOPPED TOP OFF" architectural vertical photograph! With stronger
feelings for what it was!

It could've produced a far better vertical photograph than this chopped off
half photo image! Maybe I'm missing something here? Please enlighten me if I
am? Thank you.

But given the space on each side of the doorway it gives one to imagine come
in on each side and go straight up incuding the peak of the church and the
compositional balance would've ceated a much stronger figure.

But then if you are one of those shooters "who doesn't crop out side of a
square format?????????" I suppose answers my question?

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)