Subject: [Leica] The North Thompson Rodeo in Barriere B.C.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:56:32 -0700

Subject: Re: [Leica] The North Thompson Rodeo in Barriere B.C.

H&ECummer OFFERED & SHOWED:

Hi Luggers,
My traveling life is beginning to settle a bit and I have taken the time
to post a new folder with a dozen pictures taken at the North Thompson
Rodeo in Barriere B.C.
Esther and I were visiting David Young in Logan Lake and David, of Leica
Reflex fame, has photographed many rodeos and suggested we attend the first
day of the North Thompson one.
So off we went. I took the GH2 and the 100 - 300 zoom and the 14 - 140zoom,
as well as the Fuji X Pro 1. In some cases the 100 - 300 proved to be
too long and so I switched to the 14 - 140.
For closer action the X Pro 1 with the 60mm f2.4 proved a very able
performer - especially when you could prefocus the lens on where the action
would be happening (around the barrel racing, for example).
Going with David was a big advantage because with his experience we were
able to position ourselves from the best vantage points and, perhaps
surprisingly, no spectators complained about our getting in
their sight lines. It was a glorious day - which turned windy and chilly
in the afternoon - and a great picture taking opportunity. Many thanks to
David for his advice and assistance.
Here's the URL:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Rodeo/

http://tinyurl.com/9l62euj>

My favourite shot is this one, which being on the second page, you might
miss:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Rodeo/SteerLeap1w.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/9dnz7xv>

Hi Howard,
Well done mon ami, well done!

Nice peak action, sharp whether auto-focus or not and I would say you'd do a
great shoot at the rodeo's of the best... "CALGARY STAMPEDE!" :-)  Looks
like you captured solid images in each category of the events. And your
favourite would fall inline with my choice as well!     Good on you.

But I have to add you have a great coach in that David Young who has become
a rodeo shooter of the best there is!

cheers,
ted.

Message from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] The North Thompson Rodeo in Barriere B.C.)