Subject: [Leica] New M/ BOKEH????? REPLY!
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:56:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Dr. Ted Grant wrote:

>In all my years of buying Leica stuff I simply figured it was the best in
>the world for my kind of photography. Rarely if ever did any test things!!
>..... After all, aren't the lenses the "best in the world"  ERGO: Why waste
>time testing. It was out of box onto camera and get cracking shooting the
>assignment.
>
>The odd time I might shoot a few frames wide open just to see what it
>looked
>like wide open and the response was always....... "COOL!"  Put it behind
>you
>with nary a second thought. Move on to next assignment. :-)
>
>So when some of the Lads get into the techie stiff of backgrounds and the
>myriad of other things that have never crossed my mind shooting hundreds of
>thousands of images. I've wondered if I might have taken better pictures if
>I were more skilled at much of the techie stuff? Now that's in the
>beautiful
>days and simplicity of film.

>But I've always been a recorder of life throughout my career as a
>photographer, be it film or digi. But the technical aspect? I'm a near
>total
>loss! Simply because "CAPTURING THE MOMENT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE DRIVING
>FORCE.!" First and foremost. Techie things??????????
>
>Some how I suppose I've been damn lucky to have got away for so long in my
>fashion.
>
>Anyway I read the techie things..... most times I don't have a clue what
>you
>lads are talking about. But it is interesting until it drags on three or
>four days! ;-) ;-) ;-) Then I go out in my garden and look for "Happy
>Snaps!" :-) :-)

Ted the beauty of always buying the best is that you can ignore (or be
ignorant of) the tech minutia.  Leica has already figured that stuff out and
we pay for all that figuring when we buy the stuff.  It's when the rest of
us try to cheap out (CaNikOlytaxsonic fans, don't take this too literally)
with other brands that the figuring is transferred to the buyer and that's
what all the chatter is about.

I figure I do enough figuring at my day job that I don't want to do any more
for fun so I'm with you, I buy the best and get on with making pictures...
but I had to learn that the hard way.  Cheaped out, not going there again.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] New M/ BOKEH????? REPLY!)