Subject: [Leica] New M
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:10:52 -0400

Marty Deveney wrote:

> The bokeh: that is an interesting notion. I will sleep on it, but I can't
> see why holding the image stable will affect the out of focus rendition. I
> will keep an eye out for this though.

It's very simple, by moving either the sensor or the optical units in
the lens slightly to counter shake (this is how VR/OIS etc works), the
off-axis aberrations in the lens change, and how they are transmitted
to the sensor or film differs.
<<<

I would think this applies more to optical stabilization than to sensor
stabilization.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] New M)