Subject: [Leica] Auto Aperture with R lenses on the new M via the Leica > M adapter
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 17:42:56 -0400

Harold Cummer is about to upload for us he says a bunch of pix he did last
month with Leica R glass and a Nikon D700 or 800 I think in Hong Kong. David
Rogers has done so on a few occasions.  Its very doable but some find the
stopping down issues insurmountable. I do feel that some of these people who
have found the stopping down issues insurmountable have not actually tried
it.
I get the impression using a Leica M with all its gizmos addresses some of
these issues. I do think only the smallest of the R glass arsenal is going
to look and handle well on a rangefinder camera. They showed a pic of a 180
on one I think ironically long an issue with Leica M use. It looked like it
just might workout ok.
The point is if you owned a Leica M and you had a pile of R glass in your
closet it would proably be smart to get the adaptor and try some of that
glass out. Its always what you don't think.

Mark William Rabiner