Subject: [Leica] The Leica M new functionality difference
From: s_gregory1 at me.com (Scott Gregory)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 17:37:07 -0400

Mark with all due respect I think you are dreaming big time when you say
this:
"We're going to see lots of photo reportage stories in papers and online with
photographers who've traded in their shooting with DSLR'S and zooms and have
now gone back to Leica M. or are using Leica M for the first time like their
dads and moms did."
Scott

On 2012-09-18, at 5:13 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:

> [...]
> getting that with our crass DSLR'S. But sadly and ironically not with an M9
> with its purist CCD.
> This mode of freely shooting is way different from shooting wide open
> squeeze and pray shutter speeds and hope they don't blink and either do
> you.
> We've been doing this with exceedingly above average and occasionally
> inspired Nikon and Canon etc glass. Now we can use our premium over the top
> Leica glass. And a rangefinder camera. Made by the Leica company. The kind
> of camera and glass one thinks of and hopes to be using with that kind of
> reportage shooting in the first place.
> Leica has come home. 2013 is Leicas lucky number.
> We're going to see lots of photo reportage stories in papers and online
> with
> photographers who've traded in their shooting with DSLR'S and zooms and
> have
> now gone back to Leica M. or are using Leica M for the first time like
> their
> dads and moms did.
> So there will be two stories. The story the photographer is telling and the
> story about how he told it using a combination of traditional technology
> and
> new from the Leica camera company.
>
> Mark William Rabiner
>
>> From: Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com>
>> Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 06:10:29 +1000
>> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Leica] Auto Aperture with R lenses on the new M via the
>> Leica R
>>> M adapter
>>
>> I'm surprised to not see any posts on the M itself thus far.
>> Still it may be 4 or 6 months or so before anyone actually gets one. Very
>> likely some will be in reviewer's hands before then I imagine.
>> I'll be very interested to see how the new sensor and processor perform. I
>> already have the very best lenses I want to use with it. I don't need the
>> other stuff myself but it appears to have every wished for option that has
>> emerged since the launch of the M9.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Geoff
>> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>>

>> On 19 September 2012 02:12, Henning Wulff <henningw at archiphoto.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Due to the light amplification in the EVF, it might actually work quite
>>> well for low light subjects. Depends on the performance of the EVF of
>>> course, but some recent ones have been quite good even in very low light.
>>>
>>> Henning

>>> cron in low light photographing concerts is hard enough with a top class
>>> optical prism. Using the EVF at 10x mag on moving subjects looks to be
>>> one
>>> step too far!

>>> it helpful, though I can focus tele lenses fine without since the depth
>>> of
>>> field is so small focus is obvious. Also with a tele or macro lens with
>>> 10x magnification it is impossible to hand hold still enough to focus