Subject: [Leica] So, did the price of DMR's just plummet? If so, I might be tempted to buy another one.
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 17:50:18 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Vick Ko wrote:

>Doug
>
>yes, deep down I know you are right.
>
>All the DMR's that I looked at a couple weeks ago still are available (1
>at Igor's, 3 at ffordes/Scotland, one at keh).
>

>...Vick
>
>On 9/17/2012 8:39 PM, Doug Herr wrote:
>> Vick Ko wrote:
>>
>>> So, did the price of DMR's just plummet?  If so, I might be tempted to
>>> buy another one.
>>>
>>> And, the price of R lenses that overlap the M range, did they just
>>> plummet too?
>>>
>>> ergo, why would you want the 80/1.4 when the 75/1.4 can now be focused
>>> accurately with Live View, and compensated for any focus shift?
>>>
>>> ....idle thoughts when I should be doing homework....
>> I think your time would be better spent doing homework.

To answer your question, until I try using the New M as a back end for R
lenses I have no idea if it would be a suitable replacement.  If it is
suitable, the value of the DMR goes down in my mind.  If not suitable (for
MY purposes) the value of the DMR goes up.  YMMV.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com