Subject: [Leica] Sheep Farm #20 - The two-hole outhouse!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 12:48:55 -0700

Hi CREW! :-) a two holer story... and no I left the Leica's behind! :-)

You guys want to be on a cattle round-up out in the back country with a 2
holer about 2 a.m. on a pitch black night and you are "somewhat under the
influence of the toxic liquid known as alcohol! :-) !"

Then in the dark step in a hole in the ground, fall, get the wind knocked
out of you to the extent you can't get up because the toxic liquid isn't
allowing any sense of body, legs, balance to function and about an hour
later in the cold of the fall night. The cowboys came out looking for me
with a candle lamp for fear I'd fallen in one of the holes?  Or I had fallen
in  the rather large creek flowing by the round-up camp.

They did a semi-carry dragged me back to the bunk house where they just
threw me on my bunk along with a blanket where it seems I immediately peed
myself and wasn't aware until I was awakened at 4.30 a.m. to get up to feed
my horse I would ride later in the morning at sunrise. Or that I may,
"hopefully die before if only!"

Cowboys thought the whole episode hilarious for a city-slicker and I never
heard the end of it for the following ten days during the completion of the
round-up!

Aaahhh!! Another one of those fun assignment moments never to be forgotten!
And followed with the usual forgotten promise of..... "OH my God I will
never drink again in my whole life!" :-) Then immediately forgetting it the
next evening at days end! :-) Oh well it was a time! :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted  :-)