Subject: [Leica] IMG A going away party at the Computer History Museum
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 02:29:06 -0500

That's interesting, Herb.  I saw my engineers using tape programs, starting
with the PDP-8, but I never got involved with it personally.  They were
great little machines.  In the transonic wind tunnel business, we were able
to input real time measurements of pressures and temperatures and calulate
digital displays of Mach number, including corrections determined from
tunnel calibrations.  This allowed operators to accurately set and hold test
conditions.  Eventually, we allowed the computers to control trim valves and
automatically control the test conditions.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA