Subject: [Leica] Big news D600 and RX1
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 15:33:14 -0400

As a professional, I owned a Rollei 35, and an Olympus XA clamshell both. As
did a half the photographers I knew.
This camera translates directly to the digital equivalent of that. The RX1.
Very compact. But very capable. As the sensor is not  unnecessarily small.
I think we'll be reading and seeing about the tons of pros who have the RX1
at the bottom of their camera bag. If not the top. If not in their top shirt
pocket at all times.
It is true you are only as good as the camera you have with you.
This camera can be with you. And make a result: digital file, jpeg, print
which may be indistuqisuable form one from a top DSLR. I think that's what
we are going to find out quickly to be the case. Its very exciting.
We Leica people would be into compactness it should be right up our alley.
The D600 should also be exciting news as many of us are already into Nikon.
And the hopes that it gets the Leica people motivated to come out with a
camera which is pocketable and worthy sensor size wise.
I still have a nice set of Leica M glass. And its looking more and more than
I'll be able to find a camera body to put them to use in the very near
future I can afford to get. At that point it could become my main camera
system. Things are looking up. The camera companies have to find a way to
get people to put their iPhones down. So they have to think and do smarter
and better.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography