Subject: [Leica] Camera settings...
From: csemetko at gmail.com (Craig Semetko)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 07:33:33 -0500

Hey Mark--

Running to get back on the road this morning but I'll try to answer these
quickly:
Shoot most often at f8-F11, unless it's pretty dark, then use the
appropriate stop. I will go wide if the subject is still or if there's no
light or want to separate the subject from the background as much as
possible.
RE shutter speed--like to keep it at at least 125-250, but again will use
the appropriate speed when necessary. Will shoot handheld at 1/15 when
necessary.
I zone focus a great deal--at f/11 I will set my 35 to 8 feet, which means
my zone of acceptable focus is 5 feet to 30 feet.

Hope this helps--there are no uncool questions!

cheers,

craig

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Camera settings...)
Reply from scottgregory at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] RX1 and some Leica Lens discussion as comparison)