Subject: [Leica] Cog Rail to the Summit of Mt. Washington
From: drleonpomeroy at verizon.net (Leon Pomeroy )
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 23:59:02 -0400

Your Mt. Washington photo stirred memories and feelings. My father climbed
Mt. Washington on foot. I never did. But, as a boy with camera, a new
driver's license and a Jeep, I visited that mountain and rode that cog rail
to the top several times. Ditto my Amherst college days with Smith and Mt.
Holyoke dates. Never, on those trips some fifty years ago, did I encounter
the pollution revealed in your photo. The air was clear. "Hearing" what's
happening to our planet is believing; but "seeing" such evidence is the
naked truth. Many years later, calling Manhattan my home for some 33 years,
I had the experience of witnessing, from the elevated Kosciuszko Bridge on
the BQE, an ever creeping and expanding veil of pollution over NYC. I
suppose I comment because I was born and raised on two Dairy Farms owned by
my family for generations. I get emotional about such things. Besides, I'm a
nature mystic! Thanks for posting this photo. Dr. Leon Pomeroy, Northern
Virginia, USA.,

Re:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/scleroplex/L1770381+cogwheeling+down+mount+
washington.jpg.html