Subject: [Leica] WAS PPL: Undecided - NOW Arpi & Lluis
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 14:40:17 +0200

Le 2 sept. 12 ? 22:40, Lluis Ripoll a ?crit :

> Philippe,
>
> I like very much this picture, as Tina and Ted has said everything I
> can say about it, just say once more that you have really
> outstanding skills using the wide lenses... I remember one of the
> first pics you shoot in the elevator of the shop Arpi in Barcelona,
> BTW... it is very sad, on Friday I do a walk in La Rambla, Pl. Reial
> and I went to take a look in the shop..... almost empty of stuff,
> they have reduced employees and the Saturday 1st September they
> would be closed to evaluate alternatives, for the actual sales it
> was too big, 5 flors for pros or advanced amateurs and the shop in
> La Rambla is too much expensive in our days, they will re-organizing
> the espace and we will see. It is sad... at least we have visit and
> you have know it in the splenderous days!

I remember this shot my friend

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/325280-1/Arpi1-1120412.jpg

and that one too

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/325284-1/Arpi2-1120413.jpg

The 'new'  WA is not as good, but the new sensor, while no MM, is much
better ...

As to Arpi, I popped in as you were picking up Uncle Ted and Daniel at
the airport, and didn't dare tell you how sad I was when I saw what
had become of the most wonderful Ali Baba Cave or Gear Cathedral a
photog could dream of ; VERY sad sight, and now news.

Amiti?s de Metz
Philippe