Subject: [Leica] Leica MM and M9 Comparison
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 18:33:10 -0400

Hi, Lluis -

I understand what you are saying.  The differences are there but are slight
- except at the higher ISOs where the MM really makes a difference.

The main difference to me is mental.  I know I am carrying a color and a
B&W camera and use each one differently.  It would have been much cheaper
to use 2 M8s - a chrome and a black one - and designate one as my color
camera and one as my B&W camera and just not look at the LCD!!

I wish I could go back to those dark houses in Central America with the MM
instead of my film cameras!  I don't know that I will be photographing that
much in low-light situations, but it will be interesting to see how much I
depend on the MM and how much I use the M9 on my coming trip to Italy.
 Here around the farm, I am finding more and more uses for B&W  ;-)

Tina