Subject: [Leica] SmugMug
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 09:42:21 -0700

Tina Manley OFERED IN ANGER!

> LUG:
> I would like to apologize to those to whom I've suggested signing up with
> SmugMug.  SM are suddenly increasing their yearly fee from $150 to $300
> with no increase in services.  That's too much for me since they have
> never
> figured out how to enable their subscribers to lease RM photos.  I'll be
> switching to PhotoShelter when my account with SmugMug runs out in
> February.  I resent the enormous amount of time and effort I've spent on
> developing my website and uploading photos to SmugMug!  Can you tell I'm
> angry?<<<<<<

Hi Tina,
I don't blame you one bit as it's tough enough these days trying to or
expecting much income from stock photography.  Royalty free or Royalty
Managed! And this move in doubling their fees is just another rip off of
"real photographers" who've been professionals for years.

My son Scott is with PhotoShelter and reasonably happy with it with sales
varying from a few dollars to a few hundred fairly regularly.

You have all the right to be angry!

Treat them in this manner:  "SHOW NO MERCY!! TAKE NO PRISONERS!"
CLICK-GONE!

cheers,
ted
PS.
Now go sit and play with the MM some more! :-) Help you relax! :-) As you
are illustrating some interesting capture qualities I don't think many
expected.

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] SmugMug)