Subject: [Leica] MM - first impressions
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 20:39:45 -0700

EPL OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] MM - first impressions

>>> For me, a better photo of PET was taken by Doug Ball, in London,
>>> England, in
> 1977. It shows Trudeau pirouetting behind H.R.M. Elizabeth II and her
> entourage, all oblivious to Trudeau's balletic maneuver.<<<<

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING.....THE PHOTO AS A PIROUETTE IS
MEANINGLESS! It's only the caption that tells you what he is doing that
makes it an understandable photo! This is a motion moment stopped in a still
photo!

Sorry you need no explanation for my photograph what is happening. BECAUSE
YOU SEE HIM SLIDING DOWN A STAIR CASE RAILING! NO WORDS REQUIRED! Because
the action is alive and understandable without a word written!

> wonderful as colour video -- full motion, with sound!<<<<

Sorry mate you have the video on the wrong photograph! Sure it would've been
interesting, but not necessary to see and understand what's happening. After
all, you are comparing action in two different still photographs! One
seeably understandable! The other "what's he doing facing the wrong way to
everybody else?""

>>Wikipedia refers to Doug Ball's photo as "arguably the most famous photo
>>of Trudeau." <<<<<

Hang on fella! We're not comparing photographer friends of many years.
Besides Wikipedia isn't 100% perfect any time! And how do you know Wikipedia
has even seen my photograph? Millions of others have. They know the photo
anytime you ask about it! HOWEVER MOST HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE PHOTOGRAPHER IS!
That is until they find out it was me!! And I immediately receive a great
big hand shake of congratulations! Need I say more!

> somehow connected to souls...) were taken at a time when there was no
> colour
> film. B&W photography ain't coming back, despite the Leica MM <<<<<<<

So B&W isn't coming back? God me old son, I hope you live long enough to see
that happen. And the MM isn't going to be the factor to bring it back. It
will simply be the creative people in the arts, hobbies, design, art
directors and advertising! Art galleries and whatever other uses/users that
will have it return just as it did in the late '70's and early '80's! It
will return despite your antiquated thinking of souls etc!

>>Death seems to be about fading into the momentary White and then into the
>>permanent Black. That's why we don't want to go There.<<<<<<<<

MAN YOU ARE ONE SICK SON OF A BITCH!
Jeeeesh Emanuel I never thought you were this type of person?

Have a nice black-day Friday!
cheers,
Dr. ted :-(