Subject: [Leica] Monochrome II and III
From: douglasnygren at yahoo.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:10:03 -0700 (PDT)

What improvements for the Monochrome II and III? Ask Leica.

Our digital cameras are like computers waiting to be outdated. The
Monochrome is no exception.

Its exceptionality is its price, however. Whereas computers don't become
ever more expensive, Leicas do. One need only look at the increase in price
from the M8 to the M9 to observe that. The M10 and the M11 will continue
that trend.

I wouldn't buy entry anything in the digital world. Things only get better,
and that occurs relatively fast.

Once improved, digital things however become quickly dated. Leicas are no
excpetion to this.

As I noted in my first posting, Fuji or Olympus may soon produce an even
better Monochrome--maybe even for 1/5 the price of a Leica.

IMHO Leica is treating the market as a cash cow.

Cheers--Doug

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Monochrome II and III)