Subject: [Leica] Farewell to Neil
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 04:40:10 -0400

> Yes, the flag is still standing:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19050795
>
> I'll never forget, even at 5 years old, my family and I watching that
> moonwalk live,  with a nebulous understanding of how profound the moment
> was...
>
> Jay

I too will never forget. The school set up TV's on the Cricket oval and we
all went out and watched it live. I recognized it must be very important,
as the school never allowed TV at any other time, and interfering with our
classes was unheard of ;-)

I was riveted. My favorite book as a kid had been. "You will go to the
Moon" at one time. Of course it was a big lie. We did not go to the moon,
and leisure time has not increased ;-)

Cheers

Alastair

Message from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Farewell to Neil)