Subject: [Leica] Oh yeah, someone really knows how to handle new equipment announcements and reviews...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 19:54:12 -0400

The hammer fantasy analogy is my ongoing long time personal favorite - I've
used it time and time again on the lug for years and with my friends face to
face.
But me I don't phrase it: a camera is "just a tool". That's just not the way
I phrase it. I think a tool is a very important thing.  So I leave out the
"just".
Its just that a hammer is not a thing to be traded back and forth with grand
assertions made with no tangible result.
People buy a hammer they are seldom not just interested in what they can do
with it but just fondling at it and showing up their friends. It does not
exist to be itself.  Its a very results orientated purchase; existing to fix
your railing or build a bird house or people house. Carpentry people are
really interested in results. Those houses.  And those houses need to not
fall down on them or be otherwise done in a half assed manner because the
people who buy them are just interested in their hammers not much caring in
what they hammer or how. Or who.

The hammer users group guys are not gauging hammer bellies on eBay from hour
to hour.

But I bet they love to play with those laser leveler things.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography