Subject: [Leica] Black, white and monochrom issue
From: lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 12:22:59 -0400

I've been thinking about this for a while, so I'll just throw it out here:

It's inconceivable to me that there will ever be a point in time that
artists, as they learn their craft, will ever stop producing sketches or
fully modeled, shaded drawings in black and white. There will also also be
artists who produce amazing work this way as an end in itself and not as a
stepping stone to more complex color work. Form, line, shading, volume,
etc... are independent of color.

Why should photography be any different? It makes perfect sense to me that
some photographers should and will choose to work exclusively in black and
white, analog or monochrome digital.

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Black, white and monochrom issue)