Subject: [Leica] Lovely Couple
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:57:21 -0700

Lluis Ripoll SHOWED:
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1027668BN.jpg.html>
> M8, Summilux 35 Pre Asph

Hi Lluis,
Unfortunately I'm behind in mail reading. :-( Or I would've had the great
pleasure in seeing this "real life un-posed moment sooner!" A most
interesting couple and beautiful lighting!

Once again you've shown your un-canny ability to capture very interesting
moments of people as both you and your subject walk along the street. One
thing for sure is, shooting this from the "SHADOW SIDE!" Helps lift the
subjects off the page. It is an excellent example of how the "SHADOW SIDE
LIGHTING" enhances a scene without question.

Obviously in this case you were lucky to be standing on the shadow side and
not having to change position. But if a photographer recognizes this light
effect quickly. Quite often he or she can move in time to make use of it in
many photo situations.

If the great painter Rembrandt were still alive he would appreciate your
photo even more so, because of the lighting. :-) We should give him credit
as this lighting effect in a portrait studio is generally referred to as
"Rembrandt Lighting." :-)

I just change the word title for out of studio situations whatever they
maybe, when this effect is obvious. :-)

Another excellent life moment caught by the ever "Masterful Lluis!" :-)

cheers,
ted
PS:
It is certainly one for the LUG 2012 Year Book and your next book!

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Lovely Couple)