Subject: [Leica] For Sale--First Crack is Here
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 18:56:09 -0400

Especially since so much of this gear originally came from the LUG?s old FS
posts in the pre-RFF days.

First listing of this equipment, before it goes elsewhere.  All issues with
condition, etc. as noted. My only reasons for selling are GAS (Gear
Acquisition Syndrome?I have too much stuff, and this equipment isn?t being
used enough!

Prices are inclusive of PayPal fees, shipping though is extra.

1.       Leica M2 and Summicron 35.  Sold together as a set.  The M2 is
serial number 1,074,xxx, and has rewind lever and self-timer.  Also comes
with accessory rapid rewind crank.  Condition is very nice, some minor
marks but nothing serious.  Works flawlessly.  Lens is serial 3,018,xxx, so
you can figure out the generation (not gen 4, though)  Some minor marks on
front element, but lens performs flawlessly.  Was CLAd by Sherry Krauter
about five years ago.  Includes hood, but no caps.  This outfit is the
ultimate vintage street shooting combination.  $1650

2.       Bessa r2a   Works perfectly, but I?d screwed up the top flash shoe
with some ill-conceived (and unnecessary) ?repair? work.  Some minor
marks.  $250.  Will throw in my remaining rolls of Velvia 100.

3.       Konica IIIA.  The good one?the one with the big windows, projected
frame lines that expand/contract depending on focus, the 1.8 lens, but NOT
the one with the ghastly pop-up selenium meter.  Was CLAd before my
purchase.  I used this for one project this Summer and loved the results.
Great fixed lens 35 RF, built like a tank, with the really neat front
lever-type film advance.  $250.

4.       Minolta Autocord.  Works beautifully, takes great pictures.  Nice
cosmetic shape.  Only issue is that film rollers need to be replaced in the
future (can cause scratches if they?re not lubricated at present.  Before
each roll I lubricate with neatsfoot oil, and haven?t had any problems.)
Supposedly an inexpensive fix, but I am now using the Mamiya C220 and don?t
need it.  Price reflects this:   $100

5.       Bolex H8.  In original Bolex Box.  I thought I would shoot 100?
rolls, but never got around to it.  Will outfit with three lenses for your
shooting pleasure  $100

6.       Contax IIIa.  Body in very nice shape.  Meter works, but I
wouldn?t bet my firstborn on its accuracy.  Will also include the auxiliary
flash synchronizer, which does work (I tested it about a year ago). I used
the camera this Summer at the 1920s picnic, with superb results.  $150.

Prices are firm.  If I can?t get them, the stuff stays put for now.
Replies offlist, please, to jshulman at judgecrater.com  !

Thanks

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA