Subject: [Leica] Criminalizing Photography
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 11:37:13 -0700

Bill Larsen OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Criminalizing Photography

> This discussion is all really nice.  But their are certain realities that
> the "common citizen" and without
> "press credentials" need to understand.  If you are a non-credentialed
> private citizen, you may be right and it may still cost you a lot of money
> you wish to spend, exercise your rights.  Thankfully when I have been on
> the LUG for a long time and when Ted talks, I always listened.  I think
> this pretty much expresses my personal opinion and guess makes me a
> photographic coward.
>
> http://riverofwords.net/wordpress/?p=136
>
> Regards, Bill Larsen who understands the difference between rights and
> practicality.

Hi Bill,
1/ Thank you for listening. :-)

2/ It has absolutely nothing to do with being a coward!  But all about KISS!
    Basically "common sense and simple logic!" Don't step in the crap and
create more, best to avoid it! And figure out how to get around the
situation and still win!

Sometimes laws made 200-300 years ago were great for common sense logic of
survival of the day!! Today? They create more grief because world
populations and society have changed. However the laws have not been
modified to fit life changes and the advancement in the myriads of other
modern day requirements.

Bottom-line? If you can avoid a hassle by being quiet, kiss simple and
moving along?

YET STILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR GOAL? Go for it!

As the bombastic loud mouth makes for great media coverage...... but get's
one no where! Oh maybe for a short while. But eventually they shoot
themselves in the foot by stepping in the crap too often, they eventually
get caught.

It's still the KISS philosophy! :-) Oh yes and makes far better Leica
photographic moments! ;-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)