Subject: [Leica] Criminalizing Photography
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 22:05:49 -0700

My dear friend Jayanand,

I can't agree with you more! The fools in charge of so called security are
to some degree a bigger threat than the so called terrorists themselves in
relation to camera gear!!  They have absolutely no concept what a "camera
is?"  A cell phone camera, film camera, digital camera in whatever state it
maybe by name nor size!"

So in their so called moment of brilliance they figure the bigger the camera
the bigger the threat! IDIOTS!!!

Which we know as photographers is complete lunacy! TODAY? Smaller can mean
far better!

These days the smaller the camera the " GREATER THE TERRORIST DANGER! " No
matter what country it might be! :-(

Banning and arresting, a for real honest to goodness working news
photographer is about the stupidest thing all police forces can do! But then
many of those police forces are so badly trained they wouldn't know a "FOR
REAL NEWS PHOTOG"  from a tit-mouse! Let alone a terrorist with a "facebook
size phone camera!"
Very unfortunately! :-(

Dr. ted