Subject: [Leica] Times Photographer Is Arrested on Assignment in NY
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 16:32:43 -0500

Maybe it is attitude, maybe location, maybe the times have change; but I
managed many years in a major market as a TV news photog, and later as a
news producer to never have come close to being arrested.

I managed to photograph Civil Rights marches, protests, Black Panthers in
the Desire Project, the Downtown Sniper, hurricanes and oil rig fires, and
never a problem with cops.

The only time I was every roughed up by an "authority", was when Richard
Nixon came to New Orleans to speak at the AFL-CIO Convention.

He and Pat were walking down Royal on the way to Brennan's, and I was
standing next to the wall shooting with my B&H 70 DR, when a Secret Circus
guy shoved me into the doorway of the Candle Shop.  They passed three feet
away from me, and I kept shooting.   Nixon looked my way and grinned.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/