Subject: [Leica] Lens Cap
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 13:14:07 -0700

Herbert Kanner OFFERED:

> Uncle Ted and other have told me that lens caps belong in a drawer. Here
> is an Olympic object lesson:
>
> http://www.petapixel.com/2012/08/03/olympics-photographer-caught-having-lens-cap-dysfunction/
>
> <<<<

Hi Herb, :-)
Well hell if he really knew what he was doing, he'd have rid himself of the
lens cap as soon as he bought the lens. But to make matters even worse? He
should be looking in the camera viewfinder and not the screen! Far better
looking at the "LIVE SCENE IN THE VIEWFINDER!" Particularly when shooting
sports that are moving rapidly!

Than fiddling about with the screen turned on. Probably learned his
technique from a rookie amateur! ;-)

Then at least the first time he put the camera to eye he'd have realized
immediately the problem!

Of course who of us has never shot with invisible film in the camera??????
;-) Not I, as he grinned sheepishly knowing the truth!!! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)