Subject: [Leica] wide multi shot horizon [Sample image]
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:01:11 +0530

Steve,
Depends on what lenses you have on hand, and the type of scene that is in
front of you. I take these things hand held with various lenses, and have
gone up to 15-20 shots - they don't always work out (shooting hand held is
notoriously inexact), but enough do. Some can be printed, others are just
for viewing online because the dimensions go out of whack! All that I do is
go into manual mode for both focus and exposure, set the focus and
exposure, and twist around my waist, staying as erect and perpendicular to
the ground as possible. I am planning to get the requisite kit to take them
on a tripod soon:

16-35mm set at 35mm:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Panoramas/Svalbard/P1BWF.jpg.html

85mm prime: