Subject: [Leica] Rights to Olympic Photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:51:29 -0700

Hi Mark,

Being defined by what gear you use doesn't work at the Olympics. You must
have Olympic accreditation that is applied for through the agency or country
you are working for to have access to the mandatory photo positions.

Oh you can buy a ticket and take happy snaps from your seat. And I've never
heard of any spectator being stopped. Unless they've moved to an area where
they shouldn't be. All you have to do is shoot ice skating and see how many
100's of flashes go off when a skater does some kind of spectacular jump!

cheers,
ted