Subject: [Leica] IMG: Small Insect at Work
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:22:07 -0700

got me curious, so I slapped the 100 APO on my D7000 and popped up the
flash.  Took a few shots towards the close focus range of the lens.  A few
at 2.8 and a few at F-11 and they were all exposed fairly close.  Certainly
not 5 f-stops different.  Maybe 1 stop variability, and curiously enough, in
the opposite direction than what happens w/o the flash.  It usually
overexposes a bit as I stop down, though not as much as my previous Canon,
which as been discussed at length lately.  So, I would say the flash does
not shoot at full power all the time with a manual, unchipped lens attached
on the Nikon.

Aram