Subject: [Leica] Information, Please: Now and Then
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:56:34 -0500

Interesting.   At our Library, (the one where my office is) they no longer
staff the Reference Desk.  There is usually a Reference Librarian on call
in the building, and  She/he carries an iPhone, so you can text Reference
Questions to them from anywhere.  If you need hands-on help, you can page
them.

When I came here sixteen years ago, we had a couple dumb terminals for the
portions of our catalog that were electronically available.

Now a number of computer terminals are spread over the three floors for
catalog and database access.

http://library.nsula.edu/databases/

(Most of those are password protected but it will give you the idea.)