Subject: [Leica] (tech) Lens comparisons - 50mm Summilux - has photos
From: john at chiaroscuro.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:34:55 +1200

-----Original Message-----

If anyone has, even temporarily, the ASPH and non-ASPH versions of the same
lens, I'd love to be able to compare identical shots taken with the two.

Herb

_____________________________________

I (unusually for me) carried a second lens today and tried for some things
to compare:

1) 2001 E46 50mm Summilux pre-asph, 6-bit and tweaked in Solms this year

2) 2010 50mm Summilux asph FLE, 6-bit

Shots at f1.4 or f4.0-f5.6 and lenses are mixed up between A and B.
All handheld so not exactly same framing, sun was slightly variable but lens
were kept on same aperture.

http://johnmcmaster.com/lens/50lux

Open in new window (1200 pixels) to compare side by side and let me know
what you think.....

john