Subject: [Leica] Daguerreotype Plate Sizes at 72 dpi
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:50:27 -0400

Well I'm trying to keep it simple as possible so I can see some of my images
now the way for many decades the first photos " Daguerreotypes" were seen
and experienced. I'd like to hold a whole plate in my hand from an image I'm
made on 300 width rag paper and see if it does not strike some kind of chord
in me that a "letter size" 8.5 x 11 inch does not or my default which is 5 x
7 Inch or other normal darkroom sizes. 8x10 inch, 11 x 14 inch.
Even though the Daguerreotype  era was only the first two decades of
photography. 1839 to 1860. I still think some of that DNA is left in my
bones. And optic nerve. I can see how it may be.
But maybe not.
We'll see.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner