Subject: [Leica] Nikon forum advice (OT!)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 03:03:10 -0400

Yea that 28-300 is a really a ridiculous monster and he raves about it its
crazy. Are the specs really that good I don't know I doubt many pros will
use it.  And in comparison the 24-120 seems tame certainly to him. But
compared to any other serious zoom its a bit more extreme.
The 24-120 is roughly the same size as other top zooms though they are
2.8's. Its a step wider in ratio than a 24 - 85, the zoom that I most often
use now. And that lens has been totally revamped so its a G lens now with VR
and ED and the whole bit. Possibly a better lens for me. I do think you're
going to be reading a lot of real good reviews about the newest 24-120 and
be seeing a lot of really good people using it and be able to see those
really good results. I think nikon has put a lot into this lens to make it
the lens most often sold with a camera body by people who want something
better than the kit lens.
In other words its Nikons high end kit lens.
Its not going to disappoint.
If people are getting bad results with it lets see them.
Nikon doesn't mess up that often and it learns its lessons.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner