Subject: [Leica] Palo Alto "Dancing in the Streets"
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:04:32 +0100

"Herbert Kanner" <kanner at acm.org> wrote
> For the entire two hours, groups of costumed children were performing
> highland dances--I don't know if this was a competition.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002078.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1002163.jpg.html

Herbert,
It's not highland dancing, but rather Irish dancing. The worldwide spread of
interest in the genre which has inculcated it into non-Hiberno cultures has
been driven by the success of the Riverdance phenomenon.

Bejapers, I can float a fine pair of heels meself, begorrah.

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry
Bray, Co. Wicklow